A seasoned festival photo dream team MACHINE
With 15+ years of experience freelance photo directing, team building, consulting and shooting for some of the largest festivals in and out of the country such as ACL Fest and Lollapalooza, Photo Director, Cambria Harkey has not only built a program for promoting festivals through imagery but has successfully cultivated numerous fabulous relationships with industry folks, band management companies and bands themselves. Now with tenured experience and fantastic relationships Cambria has built a seasoned and well oiled festival photo dream team machine and here’s what we bring to the table...
We can create a visual plan for YEAR ROUND festival promotion
REAL TIME SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGERY
Professional imagery delivered live right when you need it
And last but MOST IMPORTANT, we have the
15 + years to be exact
Lollapalooza Brazil, Lolla Chilé, Orion, Landmark, Chicago Food & Wine, Chive Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Seattle. Currently: ACL Fest, Lollapalooza Chicago, Austin Food & Wine, Music City Eats, Voodoo, Loufest and Free Press.
ACCESS NEGOTIATION, DEFINING VISUAL MARKETING NEEDS
- working with PR team for any sort of special assignments or deliverables
- working with Marketing & Social departments to define a year round visual marketing plan
- working with band management, publicists, tour managers and band security for special access on stages and beyond three songs, etc. (We can offer day of image selects to certain bands for their own social media usage)
- working with site crew for special shots such as lift placement and schedule for aerials
- working with festival security leads for clearances with the goal of heading off any potential access issues
MARKETING, SOCIAL MEDIA, BANDS, VIP & SPONSOR
- Marketing shots including beauty shots such as fan experience and aerials
- Immediate professional and unique social media content
- A selection of hot bands and all headliners on and off stage (access will be negotiated ahead of time with band management)
- Basic coverage of main sponsor branding and activations (this typically requires a dedicated photographer if more in depth coverage needed)
- Coverage of special VIP areas for marketing and selling the VIP areas the next year
On Site Photo Tech/RETOUCHING:
- Day of Press delivery for fest promotion
- Curated social media fulfillment
- Image selection, retouching, organizing and archiving
- Selects to certain bands for their own social media usage
- Post festival editing, sorting, hard drive management & press fulfillment
- Finish organizing hard drives which includes image sorting, organizing, image selection, retouching, renaming, resizing and online fulfillment for different departments usage
The Road to ACL
If you've got some time on your hands take a peek at the documentary below, The Road to ACL - A one-hour AT&T exclusive special gives viewers a greater understanding of what goes on behind the scenes at the iconic Austin City Limits Music Festival and Cambria makes a cameo in front of the camera instead of behind it this time. The film is by Daniel Gibbs and Andrew Shapter.
Freelance Photo Director & Sick Shooter - C3 Presents - 14 years
Cambria is 15+ year veteran of the festival photography business. She learned the art of shooting music as the house photographer for close to 10 years for an Austin live music iconic venue, Stubb’s. That gig, led to her starting what would become the C3 Photo Team where she’s been the Freelance Photo Director since 2002 (inception of ACL Fest). Since then Cambria has managed and built photo teams for fests such as Lollapalooza Brazil, Lolla Chile, Lollapalooza Chicago, ACL, Orion, Landmark, Loufest, Chicago Food & Wine, Chive Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Seattle and more. She currently manages and photo directs for ACL Fest, Lollapalooza Chicago, Austin Food & Wine, Music City Eats, and is taking on Voodoo and Free Press Summer Fest this year.
In addition to festivals Cambria has cultivated numerous relationships with band management companies such as Sam Music Biz and some of the most prolific artists of our time. In late 2015, the Foo Fighters asked Cambria to document the recording of their surprise EP, Saint Cecilia. She also travels the world and shoots for the Travel Channel’s Andrew Zimmern’s TV shows such as “Bizarre Foods” and “Driven by Food”.
Charles Reagan Hackleman
Assistant Photo Director & Sick Shooter
After almost a decade working as a television journalist, Reagan decided to pursue his lifelong photo passion. In a few short years, Reagan has elevated his music photography from a hobby to a profession. In 2015 Reagan became the assistant photo director for C3 and was actively involved in all elements of running successful photo teams all over the country. In addition to C3 Festivals, Reagan is also a member of the Fun Fun Fun Fest, Beale Street and Governors Ball photo teams.
Digital Tech/Photo Editor - Master of the quick turn around
Grant is a heavily experienced Digital Imaging Technician. Born in the UK and now based in Chicago, he has extensive international travel experience on small and large size productions. With an intense attention to detail, Grant has the ability to deliver a smooth and stress free experience. Grant is the lead digital tech for Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Landmark Music Festival and various Food & Wine Fests. And even though he’s a Brit, he plays well with others AND has nice teeth...